I was working late last night (was doing a bit of reading). My mind just seems to work better at night. So, trust me when I say I'm NOT a morning person. You definitely wouldn't want to talk to me in the morning coz I'm all grumpy. Anyway, this post is not about me not being a morning person. I was so into reading that when I realized what time it was, I was like "Gosh! Is that what time it is now?!" So I quickly campak all my stuff aside and crawl to bed. Nelson was already snoring like pig. I'll be having a group meeting in the morning, so I HAVE to force myself to sleep. But my mind was too active. It's another insomnia night for me. So as I was lying on the bed, trying to force myself to sleep, my mind wanders. Where to? Ah-ha! This is where things get interesting.
I was thinking about work. How hard it has been for me for the past three months. Now that I'm finally seeing some progress, things are getting clearer. I'm so excited with what I'm doing and what I will be doing. Just the thought of it makes me want to bounce off the bed, grab my laptop and continue working. But the thought of getting up early in the morning held me back. Then my mind started to wander again. I can't help but think that I am so blessed to have people to come into my life at the right time to guide me at everything I do.
*Flashback*
I was in my old secondary school again, and I was wearing a baju kurung (my uniform) and my hair tied up in a ponytail. I held my head between both my arms and saliva was dripping from my mouth. I was sleeping at the back of the class while the teacher is teaching!! Then it comes to another scene where I was paying full attention in my tuition class, scribbling down every detail that the leng zai teacher was saying. My best friend, Dharishini was sitting right beside me, doing the same thing. I guess friends do influence how you turned out to be huh? I'm so glad that I have the right circle of friends back in school. Otherwise I wouldn't be where I am today.
Fast forward to a few years later, I was wearing my convocation robe at my very own convocation ceremony! My parents were both smiling from ear to ear, so proud of their daughter. I owe my undergraduate years (and foundation too!!) to Steph, my best friend (Who say one person can only have one best friend hah? I can have many many! Cannot ah? Hymff!) She taught me a lot about life and stood by me when the worst thing happens and when all other people just want to stay away to get themselves out of trouble. She was the only one that has stood by me and not afraid of being sabotaged by a maniac that was stalking me. And of course, thanks for being such a good counsellor and advisor to this little girl (me!!) =D
At present, I have a really cool supervisor and extremely friendly colleagues who are so willing to share their knowledge with me. Saying that you want to learn new things is easy, but to do it is a whole new story. Changing environment and what you do all of a sudden is not an easy thing to do, I can assure you that. One can just easily break down. I might have if it's not for someone who's right beside me at this moment, sharing and caring for me.
And when it comes to having the right people in your life, it's your family that has always been by your side. From the moment you were born, until the day you perish. They are just like your guardian angels, without wings. Mine is just perfect. They are supportive, inspiring, loving, caring and stood by me no matter what happens. I'm not saying that there haven't been quarrels. Which family doesn't have conflict? Tell me. I salute them. I am so glad for my guardian angels =D
All these thoughts remind me of a seminar I once been to called "Take Charge". In this particular seminar, the speaker told us, "There's no such thing as luck. They are merely choices that you make in your life. So stop bangau-ing!" Is it really? Then what is it that makes you make that particular choice that leads to something good/bad in your life? Was it not good/bad luck? For me, I think it is all karma at play. If you have good karma, good things happen. If you have bad karma, bad things happen. What goes around comes around. You cannot expect bad deeds to go unpunished. You might not see the consequence straight away, but you might be experiencing it far in the future, in another life. Somehow, they all just come back to you. The same things go for all the good deeds that you have done. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that I'm a saint. To be so blessed, I must have done something right in the past. Hopefully I'll keep doing the right thing :) So, do I believe in luck? Maybe.
But for now, I gotta go prepare for my meeting.





new post at around 10.30am???darling must be "snaking" there,haha..
ReplyDeleteanother insomnia night??probably don't have my story huh?By the way, I wasn't snoring like pig when u went to bed yesterday, I was headache+tired..wanted to wake up and take panadol but my body just can't move,don't listened to me and what happen then---not sleep well too!!
hmm,my darling is growing up already, seems understood so much about life within this 3months? I am glad u finally have a clearer thought about what to do next and future. Just to let u know AGAIN, no matter what, i will still be with u.. stand by ur side..and always be there for u!!I really mean it!!
I wasn't snaking. I was anaconda-ing.Don't sleep well again. Hmm..I didn't know headache and insomnia is infectious. How come you are becoming more and more like me??! Glad you're here :)
ReplyDeleteOh, I saw my name :)
ReplyDeleteDidn't know I make an impact in your uni life eh?
You can always come to me if you need anything. Keep up the great work gal!
Of course you did!! And still do!! Hehe.
ReplyDeleteI miss you! Everything is so dull without you :(